We spaced out the plants over the plot to make sure that they were correctly spaced to grow well, we then dug them a little hole, ease them out of the pots and gently loosened the roots. Then we carefully put the plants into their holes and covered with soil and firmly pressed the soil down. Most students had a chance to do this, we did have a few heavy handed gardeners so not all of our plants survived this process.
The next step was to give them a cane for support where needed and water them.
We decided to cover the plants with netting in the hopes that this will keep away anything that might want to eat our crops, because ideally we want to do that!